Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Hamsters!















About 2 weeks ago, Chandler comes in and tells me "Mom, I know why Hummer was so fat! He had babies!". I look in the hamster cage to find some little pink jelly bean looking things in the hamster cage. I counted 6 little jelly beans with legs. So I seperated the two hamsters that we had (so we don't end up with more jelly beans), and began researching what to do with little hamster babies. I found out that they are pregnant for only 16-21 days and can get pregnant again only hours after giving birth! We did figure out that she got pregnant while Jason and I were on our cruise. They were in my sisters custody! So obviously she didn't pay very good attention to what they were doing! LOL Just kidding! You can't mess with the mom or the babies for two weeks or she will get agitated and kill them. So we have left them alone for two weeks and now they don't look like little jelly beans! We counted them and we only have 4 babies now. I am not sure if I counted wrong the first time, or if two babies didn't live. They are kinda ugly....they have really long legs for their little bodies. They are so ugly...that they are cute!

No comments: